If you are remodeling your kitchen with a limited budget then it can seem like an impossible feat. There are many individuals who believe that it is only possible if you spend thousands of dollars and decommission your kitchen for the duration of the work. However, there are a number of tips and tricks which can help you to keep your kitchen make-over under budget.
- Start by completely repainting the kitchen. A fresh coat of paint and a change of color can make a huge difference and once completed, you may feel that a full refit is not necessary. Use a high quality, washable paint.
- Update your flooring to bring a new feel to the room. It may seem expensive, but switching from linoleum to hardwood can make a massive difference to the room and like with the paint, you may feel that it reduces the amount of work needed in the rest of the kitchen.
- Kitchen cabinets are the largest single expense when it comes to remodeling the kitchen. If your existing cabinetry is structurally secure, then you could save my money by only replacing the doors, giving those old cabinets a new lease of life.
- If your kitchen feels crowded, free up some space with kitchen organizers. These are relatively inexpensive and can be found for virtually any purpose including pot racks, drawer organizers and shelf inserts. With some clever planning, it is possible to triple your storage space.
- Why not make a small unused area into a pantry, either by adding shelves and cabinet doors to an alcove, or adding a free standing or tall cabinet to the room. This provides a great place to store dry goods, and free up your cabinets elsewhere.
- Installing new faucet fixtures is another low cost trick when seeking a new look for your kitchen.
- Why not scour local stores for some appropriate artwork to brighten up your kitchen. Interiors stores usually have a selection of artwork to suit any budget.
- Changing your kitchen curtains for a totally different color and style is a smart tip which can trick others into thinking that you have brand new windows!
- Make the most of unusual decorations! Why not add a row of fresh herbs, growing in matching pots or maybe a small aquarium to add some life to the kitchen and provide an ever changing source of enjoyment and decoration.
- Completely reorganize your kitchen. Go through everything in your cabinet and throw away what you do not need. You may free up lots of space, perhaps allowing you to reduce the number of kitchen cabinets you will need. Maybe if you can remove 4 cabinets, you can fit a table or breakfast bar.
If you can look at utilizing some of these tips, you may be able to reduce the cost of your kitchen remodel. Often by following these tips it is possible to switch your remodeling plan from a full refit to a partial one, or perhaps just refinishing the cabinet doors with wood veneer.